Monday, February 19, 2007

My Day with Steve Farber

I had an opportunity to spend most of Friday with Steve Farber, author of The Radical Leap and The Radical Edge - what a treat! Steve was speaking for a conference here in Fargo, and invited me to join him for lunch before his presentation and then also invited me to sit in on the presentation.

If you haven't read The Radical Leap yet, run out right now and get it for yourself. Steve had this group of North Dakota insurance agents on their feet at the end of his presentation, which was based on the four ideas that make up the Leap: Love, Energy, Audacity, and Proof. What an inspiring message!

As I was dropping Steve off at the airport, I was reminded of my friend and self-proclaimed relationship geek Phil Gerbyshak who told me to always record my adventures with my camera. So I parked in the unloading zone, got Steve's bags out of my car, and ran in with him to snap a photo, since there were no people outside. I ran in, got the photo, and ran out - and had to wait as a security guy wrote me a parking ticket for leaving my car unattended.

Got the photo - got the ticket. Oh well ... it was worth the fine! Thanks for a great day, Steve!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ticket schmiket! My flight was canceled and I ended up flying through Minneapolis and Las Vegas to get home to San Diego at 2 AM. But at least I got to have lunch with you, Jodee. Twice!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

Sorry Jodee. At least you got to have lunch with Steve. He rules! Love the picture too. Can't wait to post one of you and I on my blog :)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Steve: Man, I guess my measly $10 ticket is a small price to pay ... so sorry your trip to Fargo had to be THAT extended, but yes, glad to have had the time with you! Phil: It won't be long before I have my picture with you, too!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Troy Worman said...

Wow! Very cool.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Jodee Bock said...

Troy: Thanks for visiting! It was a very fun day (even if it was a bit too long for Steve!).

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read "Radical Leap" and loved it. First of all, the guy can WRITE: there's no fluff and lots of word jokes. Second, the book is only as long as it needs to be; he's trying to tell a story, not impress people. And finally, there's some really deep, really RARE stuff in the book--tempered with fun. Go Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home